On December 19th, 2018 at 3:00 pm ET, NASEO will host a webinar featuring three states highlighted in its upcoming report on the energy-water nexus in water conveyance, treatment, and irrigation infrastructure. The states featured in this paper have enacted promising ideas and policies concerning the nexus. They showcase a range of options State Energy Officials have for addressing energy and water interactions in water infrastructure. NASEO’s upcoming report, Beneath the Surface: Opportunities and Strategies to Improve the Energy Performance of State Water Conveyance, Treatment, and Irrigation Systems, will delve deeper into this topic. We encourage you to come prepared with questions, thoughts, and comments for speakers.
Please send questions and feedback to Sam Cramer at email@example.com.
1. Welcome and Introductions
Sam Cramer, Senior Program Manager, NASEO
2. Colorado: Increasing Electricity Generation from Water Transportation and Delivery Infrastructure
Michael Turner, Director, Commercial and Industrial Energy Services, Colorado Energy Office
3. Missouri: Increasing the Use of Supply- and Demand-Side Efficiency Measures for Water Infrastructure
Martin Hyman, Planner III, Division of Energy, Missouri Department of Economic Development
4. Wisconsin: Focusing on Energy Through Power Generation at Wastewater Treatment Plants
Megan Levy, Local Energy Programs Manager, Wisconsin Office of Energy Innovation
5. Question and Answer Session
All state participants
Please contact Sam Cramer for registration details.